Effective Date of Current Policy: July the 20th, 2014
Thank you for coming to www.kobrin.co which does business as Kobrin, operates the Site and provides services through the Site, but we’ll just go by “Kobrin”, ”we”, or “us” to keep it simple. We know these types of documents can get pretty dense, but we want you to read this, so we’ll do our best to keep it easy to read. We will also just refer to both the Site and the services available through the Site as the “Services” to try to keep things short—shorter at least.
Things happen quickly, both inside and outside of Kobrin, so we will sometimes review these Terms to make sure they accurately reflect developments in current law and our business operations. We reserve the right to update and revise these Terms at any time. We’ll make sure to also change the "Effective Date" at the top of this page so you can tell if these Terms have changed since your last visit. Please review these Terms regularly because once we post any changes, your continued use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms.
We only permit individuals who are at least 18 years old and can form legally binding contracts with us to use the Services. However, even non-adults deserve fantastic products, so if you are under 18 years old and would like to use the Services, you can, but only if a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years old supervises you. In all cases, the adult would be the user and is responsible for any and all activity.
Also, you can only use or receive the Services to the extent the laws of your jurisdiction do not bar you from doing so. Please make sure these Terms are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations that apply to you.
Your use of the Services means you represent and warrant that you meet all eligibility requirements we outline in these Terms. We may still refuse to let certain people access or use the Services. We may also change our eligibility criteria.
We offer the Services only for personal, noncommercial use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party (unless you are a parent or legal guardian using the Services for your minor child).
We don’t believe in putting unnecessary roadblocks in your way throughout our Services. You can maneuver most of the Services without creating a user account (“Account”). Other features, however, may require you to create an Account. If you create an Account, you are solely responsible for any activity that occurs through your Account. In order for us to provide you the best possible service, you agree to provide us with complete, accurate, and updated information for your Account at all times. If any information is incorrect or outdated, it can lead to errors or delays, for which we will not be responsible.
You can share a good book, a nice walk, or even an old pair of (non-prescription) glasses. You should not, however, share your Account information. You may never use another person’s Account or registration information for the Services without permission. Similarly, no one else should be able to use your Account without permission. You are solely responsible for keeping your Account and Account password secure and for any consequence resulting from your failure to do so. You should never publish, distribute, or post log in information for your Account.
You can always delete your Account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Your Products
1. We’ll need your name, address, and telephone number to send you your Kobrin purchase. Please check the FAQs for more details about the price and timing. Shipping and handling charges will depend on the value of your order, the country to which the merchandise is being shipped, and your required shipping time. You can find a list of our shipping and handling charges and our delivery terms here. Your product should arrive in around 15 business days.
- Each part of an order that you submit to us constitutes an offer to purchase merchandise. After you have made your selections and provided your shipping information, you will see a prompt for your payment details, such as your credit card information and any promotional codes or gift card information you may have. By entering your payment information and submitting your order, you authorize us to charge the amount of the order to your selected payment option.
- Kobrin is not deemed to have accepted your order (or any part of your order) until the requested merchandise is shipped and we have sent a shipment confirmation email.
- We know how exciting it can be to get a delivery, so once your product is on its way to you, we’ll send you an email confirmation with tracking information. Feel free to email us at email@example.com, with the subject line “Shipping Inquiry”, or contact us via Twitter @Kobrin_co, if you would like to check the status of your order, or you just want to chat about how excited you are about your new purchase.
- Our team works hard to process orders quickly so that you don’t have to wait. However, this also means that although we will try our best to accommodate order modifications, we cannot guarantee them. If you would like to change or cancel an order email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Change/Cancel Order.” You can make changes or cancel your order at any time before your order has been processed by us.
- If we reject your order because of an error in pricing or other information about the merchandise, we will notify you at the email address you provided and ask you whether you would like to re-submit your order to purchase the relevant merchandise once we have corrected the error. If we have notified you that we have accepted your order by sending you a shipment confirmation email, you will not be required to pay more than the price that was displayed on our Website at the time that you placed your order. If we have sent you merchandise which is different from the description of the relevant merchandise on our Website at the time that you place your order, you can return or exchange it.
- The risk of loss and title for all products you order passes to you upon our delivery to the carrier (such as Correiros, FedEx, UPS, or else).
- You have 30 days to return or exchange your Kobrin product from the day you receive it. We provide free return shipping for orders within Brazil or Italy. Please read the return and exchange policy below for more information.
In case of fabric defects (i.e. any defect of the product originated from the production itself) you have up to 90 days to return or exchange it. Just send us an email at email@example.com with he subject line " Fabric Defect" and we'll help you proceeding with the operation.
Please click here for information on payment and insurance.
- We know our products are a great value and that you can likely make a pretty penny by reselling them. All orders must be for personal use only and cannot be purchased for resale or other commercial use. If we have reason to believe that your order is not for personal use, we reserve the right to reject or cancel any order that you place.
- Presently, our order process only supports the English language.
Buy One Get One Promotion
The Buy one Get One promotion allows you to get 2 pairs of sunglasses at the price of one. We consider it a reward for you trusting us. As such, the promotion is valid for your first purchase only.
Although it is rare that Kobrin would refuse to accept an order, we reserve the right to deny any order for any reason, including where the following situations arise:
Error in Billing, Payment or Shipping Information
Some orders cannot be processed due to an error in information you have provided, which includes, but is not limited to:
- an incorrect credit card or debit card number, expiration date and/or card security value, or information regarding other payment types;
- incorrect billing information (for example, if the billing information you provide is different from information your financial institution has on record);
- an insufficient or incorrect shipping address (including street address, city, state, zip or postal code);
- or any suspected fraudulent information.
Merchandise Shipping Delay or Unavailability
If an item of merchandise is delayed out of our fulfillment center or becomes unavailable, or if there is an error on our Website relating to the order (for example, an error relating to the price or description of merchandise) Kobrin may cancel the order. If this occurs we will contact you so you are aware.
Reshipping of Merchandise
Kobrin's policies do not allow merchandise to be reshipped. Any orders shipping to 'Freight Forwarding Companies' will not be accepted. A complete listing of countries we ship to is available by clicking here.
Resale of Merchandise
Kobrin is a private label brand. To protect its intellectual property rights, any suspected resale of our merchandise for personal or business profit is strictly prohibited. We will not accept any order found to have characteristics of reselling. We reserve the right to cancel all subsequent orders from such customers.
Previous Fraudulent Order History
Kobrin may refuse to accept any order if fraudulent activity is suspected and may refuse to process subsequent orders from customers with a previous fraudulent order history. We may also refuse any orders connected with a previous credit card dispute.
Duties and taxes
Inside the European Union: There are no additional custom fees or duties on products shipped to countries within the European Union or within Brasil. Customers will not have to pay anything extra on receipt of their products.
Outside the European Union: Shipments to destinations outside the European Union and Brasil may be subject to import taxes or customs duties that will be determined when the package reaches its country of destination. Such customs duties are solely payable by the receiver of the package, who will pay said fees to the shipping service or to the proper governing authorities.
Failure to clear customs: The onus is on the customer to ensure that their package clears customs by providing customs with all the necessary information and/or fees. If your package does not clear customs, it will be returned to our warehouse.
IMPORTANT: If you requested a change of the product you originally ordered, the new shipment might still be subject to import taxes/duties from the International Customs Authorities.
Tip: If you use the Services, you get cool new products. You do not get any of our intellectual property.
Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but that doesn’t mean you can take any of our intellectual property. All of the content that appears on the Services, including without limitation all designs, illustrations, icons, photographs, video clips and written materials, as well as the compilation of the website, Services, and other materials, are the exclusive property of Kobrin or our licensors and is protected by Italian international copyright laws. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names that appear on the Services and the overall “look and feel” of the Site and Services (collectively the "Marks") are proprietary to Kobrin, or the respective owners of such Marks. You may not display, reproduce, or otherwise use the content or materials on the Services, including the Marks, without first receiving written consent from us. You may not remove or otherwise modify any legal or trademark notices from any content we make available through the Services. Scraping the Services or using other automated or manual means to take our content without our prior consent is expressly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of any content or materials on the Services is strictly prohibited and violates copyright, trademark, and/or other intellectual property laws, and/or the laws of privacy, publicity, and/or communications regulations and statutes.
If you would like to request authorization to use the materials or content on the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After all of the restrictions above, we don’t want it to sound like you can’t even use the Services, so we’ll give you permission right here: we give you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., display locally) the Services solely for personal, non-commercial, use. This license will allow you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as we provide them, in the manner we permit through these Terms. We don’t think you would need to do much else, so this license only gives you the rights we expressly stated in this section.
Just so we’re clear, however, this license does not allow you to do any of the following:
- resell or make any commercial use of the Services or any of the Service content;
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or convert into human readable form any of the Service content not intended to be so read, including using or directly viewing the underlying HTML or other code from the Services except as interpreted and displayed in a web browser;
- copy, imitate, mirror, reproduce, distribute, publish, download, display, perform, post, store, or transmit any of the Service content, including without limitation any Marks, in any form or by any means, including—but not limited to—electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise;
- use any manual or automated software devices or other processes (including data mining, bots, spiders, automated tools or similar data gathering and extraction methods) to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Services or to collect any information from the Services or any user of the Services; or
- harvest or scrape any content from the Services.
Please don’t do anything that would harm the Services we offer. You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our or our third party providers’ infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services;
- bypass, circumvent, or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services, including without limitation other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services;
- run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; or
License You Grant to Kobrin
We want to hear from you. Occasionally, you may see areas on the Services where you can post information or communicate with us or other users. We hope you will use these tools to meet the rest of our community and give us your feedback.
These areas may be in the form of social media posts, bulletin boards, chat rooms, comment areas, billboards, forums, news groups, postings sections or similar communications facilities.
Most importantly, we want you to know that you will keep all ownership or license rights in your User Content (as defined below), including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Content. There are no restrictions on your ownership and license rights in your User Content unless you otherwise agree in writing. However, when you provide your User Content to us, we need to be able to do certain things with it as described below.
We do not own any of your content, although by providing content to us, you may grant us a license to use it, as we’ll discuss here.
When you submit, distribute, transmit, or post any communications or any other material to Kobrin (either through the Services; through our pages on third party sites, such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. This is collectively “User Content”), you give us a right and license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your User Content in any and all media formats or distribution channels. You agree that this license includes the right for Kobrin to use your User Content to provide, promote, and improve the Services. You agree that this license is irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, fully paid, royalty-free, and will survive termination of your Account. Please note that we may use User Content without compensation of any kind to you, including if we use User Content for advertising or promotional purposes. Be assured you have our thanks. Lots of it.
You also agree that if your User Content contains any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques, we can use the User Content and anything it contains for any purpose including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products.
In addition to giving Kobrin a license, you also give each user of the Services an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, fully paid, and royalty-free right and license to access your User Content through the Services and to use, edit, modify, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, adapt, and promote such submissions, including after any termination of your Account.
The bottom line is that if you share something with us, you keep ownership of it and can continue to do anything you want with it, but you allow us and our other users to use your User Content as we see fit. If you don’t agree to these conditions, then please don’t provide the materials to us.
Representations About Content You Submit
We need you to promise us certain things about your submissions so that you don’t get us into trouble. (We really appreciate it.) When you submit User Content, you represent and warrant (archaic lawyer words for “pinky promise”) that
- you hold all necessary right, title, and license to such materials (in other words, you own it or have the right to give it to us);
- that your submission of such materials to Kobrin does not and will not violate or infringe the rights of any third-parties, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights (you didn’t take it from someone else without permission); and
- all User Content you provide is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and not misleading (you’re not lying).
In addition, any User Content must not
- include any profanity or obscene, indecent, or pornographic material;
- contain any unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, such as spam (no one likes spam);
- contain software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of ours or of any third party;
- impersonate any person or entity (we like you just the way you are!); or
- include anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
Just as we ask you to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect your rights and the rights of others, and we expect all our users to do the same. If we believe a user may be infringing upon someone’s intellectual property rights, we may remove the material. If we believe someone is repeatedly infringing, we will terminate that person’s access rights.
If you believe someone has posted on the Services a work that you own without your authorization, let us know. Please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Copyright Infringement”:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- identification of works or materials being infringed;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- your contact information, including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a valid belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and you are authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Private vs. Non-private Content
Third-Party Content and User Content
You may see a lot of different content on the Services. Some of this content will come from other users or sources outside of Kobrin. All content, including User Content and third-party content, is the responsibility of the party that creates it. Kobrin does not control or endorse any User Content or third-party content, and we make no claims or representations regarding any content we do not create. We may provide links to third-party sites or resources, but these links do not mean we endorse or have any associations with the third parties. Please note that any moderators, forum managers, or hosts on the Services are not authorized as our spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Kobrin.
If any damage or loss results from your use of, reliance on, or any other connection between you and any content that any third party makes available, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly. When you access third-party resources on the Internet, you do so at your own risk.
Disrupting traditional models in the fashion-design industry keeps us pretty busy around Kobrin, but we still try to stay on top of things happening around the Services. We may review content on the Services, but we do not have an obligation to do so. We reserve the right to review, remove, block, or modify any content on the Services, including User Content, without notice or further obligation to you.
We take no responsibility related to third-party content, User Content, or any actions resulting from your use of any part of the Services. Kobrin will have no liability in connection with any content submitted to, transmitted via, or displayed or posted on or through the Services, regardless of whether Kobrin or another party provides it.
This Website and all Content of the Website are provided to our customers and prospective customers "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. You acknowledge, by your use of the Website, that your use is at your sole risk. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
- which users access the Services;
- what content you access via the Services;
- what effects the content may have on you;
- how you may interpret or use the content; or
- what actions you may take as a result of your exposure to the content.
- (Sorry about this, but the below gets a little dense. All-caps doesn’t mean we’re yelling; it’s just what’s legally required.)
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL KOBRIN OR ANYONE REPRESENTING KOBRIN BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, FOR (A) ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT; (II) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR KOBRIN'S SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (III) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICES; OR (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION) OR (B) ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) OF THE GREATER OF (I) FEES PAID TO US FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS; OR (II) $500.00.
THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER BASED ON TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT KOBRIN WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
We really hope we won’t ever have to do this, but we do reserve the right to terminate your license to use the Services or block or prevent your access to the Services, without providing you with notice or reason. In the event of termination, your obligations under these Terms will still continue.
No implication is made that the materials published on this Web Site are appropriate for use outside of Italy. If you access this Web Site from outside of Italy, you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with local laws. No matter where you’re located, the Italian laws will govern these Terms and the relationship between you and Kobrin as if you signed these Terms in Italy, without regard to Italy’s conflicts of laws rules. If any provisions of these Terms are inconsistent with any applicable law, those provisions will be superseded and/or modified only to the extent such provisions are inconsistent. The parties agree to submit to the civil judge in Rome, Italy for exclusive jurisdiction of any dispute arising out of or related to your use of the Services or your breach of these Terms.
If it turns out that any part of these Terms are invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary. The limitation or elimination of the term will not affect any other terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Kobrin and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written with respect to these Services. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
We take our commitment to customers seriously, and we’ll do what we can for you. However, sometimes things may come up that are outside of our control. We will not be liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations stated in these Terms if the failure results from a cause beyond our reasonable control, including—without limitation—mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
You cannot assign, transfer or sublicense these Terms without first obtaining our consent. We may assign, transfer, or delegate any of our rights and obligations without consent. These Terms do not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship, and neither party has any authority to bind the other in any respect.
If we do not enforce any part of these Terms, it does not mean we give up the right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives.
The section and paragraph headings in these Terms are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
Effective Date: July the 20th, 2014.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Privacy”
Personal Information we may collect from you includes:
- your name, username, email address, and password
- information from Third Party Services that you explicitly give us access to
- your contact information, such as your phone number, social media handle, or email (depending on how you contact us)
- your credit card information (although we use a third party payment processor, as described below), billing address and shipping address, if you make purchases through the Services
- live chats and customer service phone calls
- survey responses to the extent you include Personal Information
We may also collect some of the following Non-Personal Information from you:
- the name of your internet service provider
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our Services
- the type of browser software you are using
- the operating system you are using
- the date and time you access our Services
- the website address, if any, that linked you to our Site
- the website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to
- your home page customization preferences
- search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions
- weblogs and other clickstream data
- survey responses to the extent you do not include Personal Information
- in-store and near-store mobile device wireless signature information (such as a MAC address), which we use solely on an anonymous basis, as described below
- other non-personally identifiable traffic data
We may collect your information in the following ways:
When You Provide Us With Information to Make a Purchase. We make products we like in hopes you will find something you like, too. If you use our Services to make a purchase, we may request certain Personal Information from you to facilitate the transaction and get you the goods. This may include (i) contact information such as your name, email address, and shipping address, and (ii) prescription information, including any images of prescriptions you may provide to us or any information you give us through the pupillary distance measurement function of the Services. We, or companies that provide services on our behalf, may also collect certain financial information from you, such as your payment method (this may include valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We store only a very limited portion of your credit card information, in a manner that is generally permitted by credit card issuers. Our payment processor, that credit card issuers require to have sufficient security, stores and processes your credit card or other payment information using industry-standard security measures. By making a purchase through the Services, you give us consent to use and provide your financial information as we consider necessary to process the transaction.
Communications You Initiate with Us We do everything possible to make sure you have an amazing shopping experience. If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference (to help improve our service!). When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to figure out how to deliver more delightful and helpful emails and improve our Services.
Third Party Services Our customers are active in many different communities, both offline and online, and we like facilitating that wherever we can. Some parts of our Services can be linked up with other accounts you have, such as your Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ account ("Third Party Accounts"). If you link to Third Party Accounts from our Services, we may collect some information about your use of the Third Party Account. We will only be able to collect the information if you've authorized the Third Party Service to provide us with that information or if you've made the information public. Additionally, if you mention us through your Third Party Account, we may collect information and content related to your comment that is publicly available. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should be sure to manage the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts. One thing we won't ever store is your Third Party Account password.
If you link your account on the Services with a Third Party Account, we may also collect and store publicly available information about your contacts and friends from the linked Third Party Account. This information may include their photo, name, email address, birthday, interests or other content you can see when you access such profiles on those Third Party Services. We may also collect and store information if you invite other users to the Services by providing us with their Personal Information.
Information We Automatically Collect Like most websites, our Services may incorporate technology such as "pixel tags", "web beacons", and "cookies" that allow us to track the actions of users of our Services. Pixel tags, web beacons and cookies collect Non-Personal Information.
Pixel tags or web beacons are tracking devices on websites or in e-mails that can monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the e-mail.
Cookies (not to be confused with the sugary morsel) are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your hard drive once you leave a website. We may also collect information when you are visiting our stores. Like most retailers, we have in-store video that helps us understand customer behavior within our physical spaces. We may also anonymously collect wireless device signature information while you are near or in our stores to help us better understand our customers. This information will not be linked to you individually.
We primarily use the information we collect and store to enhance the Services and your experience with Kobrin. Except if we sell all or a portion of our business, as described below, we do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone, period. If we share your Personal Information, we do so only as described below.
Internal Use to Provide Services to You We may use Personal Information to provide the Services to you. Some ways we may internally use your information include:
- to facilitate the sale and delivery of your purchases
- to contact you when necessary
- to respond to your comments or questions
- to provide you with additional information according to your preferences
- to customize and personalize your experience with the Services
- to generate anonymous statistics to help us improve the customer experience
- to make the Services easier and more convenient for you (such as by pre-populating forms when you have already provided identical information)
- to provide recommendations to you
- to send you information and marketing materials about services and products available through our Services
- to train our team members
- for our other internal business purposes
Non-Personal Information We may share or disclose aggregated Non-Personal Information on our Site, with service providers, and/or with other persons we conduct business with. These service providers and other persons may also share with us aggregated Non-Personal Information that they have independently developed or acquired. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information from the pixel tags, web beacons and cookies we discussed above with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services, but that anonymous information cannot be linked back to you.
Opting Out. If you decide you don't want to receive email or other mail from us, you can select the "opt out" provision in our communications to unsubscribe. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of communication, but it may not apply to emails about orders or transactions you place through the Services or to respond to your specific request, such as password recovery.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control We may work with other businesses from time to time. These affiliated businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. We may also provide services or sell products jointly with the affiliated businesses. We will clearly show you when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will only share Personal Information with them that is related to your transaction.
Generally, we will not disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties.
We've figured out ways to do a lot of things on our own, but we haven't quite figured out how to all of it. We may provide your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers and designees ("Agents") to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including:
- order fulfillment
- payment processing
- website-related services such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- maintenance services
- distribution of advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf
We promise, no surprises—unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Business Transfers We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
With Your Consent Except as we've stated above, we will notify you before we share your Personal Information with any third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
We take the protection of your information very seriously. We understand the sensitivity of (for example) the prescription information you may give us. Therefore, we take many security measures (physical, electronic and procedural) to help keep your Personal Information safe. For example, we limit access to authorized employees and third parties who have agreed to follow confidentiality obligations we give them. Also, we only allow parties to access your Personal Information for permitted business purposes. Unfortunately, even though we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee complete security. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you've provided to us:
- name and password
- mailing address
- billing address
- email address
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
You did it; you made it to the end. THANK YOU FOR READING!